Work with your school or district technology staff to make sure you’re ready for test day.
Tell technology staff you’re getting ready for digital testing.
- You’ll need to work with the people who manage your school’s network and devices.
- They should check internet connectivity in each testing room, configure the network, and prepare school-managed testing devices.
Ask technology staff about networks.
- Will the network speed in each testing room support the expected number of test takers?
- Who can configure the network for testing?
- Who can I contact if I need help with the network on test day?
Ask technology staff about testing devices.
- Will our school-managed devices support Bluebook™ testing requirements?
- Who can install Bluebook on school-managed devices?
Recruit a technology monitor.
- Technology monitors use our simple troubleshooting tips to help students on test day.
- They need to be on-site.
Direct students who test on personal devices to download Bluebook.
Set up Test Day Toolkit.
- Test Day Toolkit works with Bluebook to make digital testing possible.
Check network and staff readiness the week before test day.
- If applicable, connect to Wi-Fi on a personal device in a testing room to make sure the network is set up for guest access.
- Add all testing staff to Test Day Toolkit and make sure they can sign in.