What if students can't start testing because of a connectivity issue?
If students can’t connect to the network and they have not started testing, try these fixes in this order.
If other devices in the same room are connected to the same network, check the student’s device.
- Make sure the device is not in airplane mode and has Wi-Fi turned on.
- Make sure the student signed in to the right network with the right password.
- You can also switch to a backup device with Bluebook installed if one is available.
If you can’t resolve the student’s issue, your test coordinator will dismiss them and report an irregularity.
If no one in the room can connect, try a different network.
Ask students to sign in to a different network, if one’s available.
Try a different room, if available.
Test the connection in another room by signing in to the same network students will use.
Contact school technology staff.
Ask them to make sure all filters, firewalls, and proxy servers are open. Share these reminders:
- They must allow traffic to and from College Board and the Apple App Store.
- They can go to cb.org/bluebook-networks to find network specifications and guidance.